We won’t debate the existence of CLD (Chronic Lyme Disease) in this post. The fact is most people feel unwell if Lyme disease is untreated, co-infections are undiagnosed/untreated or if these infections are ineffectively treated. So what to do now? There is a lot you can do and it starts with what you put in your mouth 3-6 times a day. You guessed it. FOOD. You have to eat right? Why not make it work FOR you and not against you.
1. Eat lots of vegetables – baked, steamed, in smoothies, in salads. Fill 1/2 your plate with these amazing foods. Get diversity in color, red beets, orange carrots, yellow squash, white leeks, green kale, blue potatoes. Have fun.
2. Eat fruits too. Vegetables are more important than fruits but fruits matter. The red and blue ones are particularly supportive, reducing symptoms of numbness, shortness of breath.
3. Eliminate or reduce coffee and alcohol. 80% of the people I see with Chronic Lyme are reactive to coffee and alcohol, whether it is caused by altered liver metabolism or excess irritation of the nervous system, it seems to occur whether or not individuals are on antibiotics. You can replace with herbal teas, like gotu kola (support collagen), skullcap (relaxation), holy basil (support blood sugar), dandelion root (support liver health), etc.
4. Eliminate gluten and sugar. These inflammatory foods will slow healing. It is a challenging task. Ideally one would do a “food elimination and rechallenge” and identify all potential food sensitivities and allergies that may inhibit healing. But this is even more challenging. Best to start with these two (gluten and sugar).
5. Eat fermented foods. What are those??? Foods with live bacteria. You can take probiotics in a capsule and yet it is so enjoyable to eat fermented foods. Examples include: kombucha, real fermented pickles like Bubbies, yogurt, sauerkraut, miso. Real fermented foods can only be found in the fridge section of your grocery store. They are not easy to find and it is best to make your own. See a sample video here.
6. Eat balanced meals to stabilize blood sugar, fuel the brain, provide proper nutrition for healing. What is a balanced meal? See the sample plate to the right. If vegan, proteins can be beans, nuts, seeds, soy, nondairy milks like hemp to name a few.
This is just the beginning, but what a change you can feel if you follow these 6 tips. Next up… Best medicinal foods for Lyme
A great article. Many thanks!
Everybody will love this publish, it’s handiest.
Web owners say, greatly accept this article claims, based on present situation.
Everyone will like this distribute, it’s most successful.
This is certainly considered one of by far and away my personal favorite write-up.
This is nice write, No later than this shaire this for my very own frinds.
A wonderful story. Many thanks!
An amazing content. Thank you!
Each one will cherish this post, it’s most useful.
Web owners say, greatly go along with this great article says, in accordance with current situation.
Blog writers say, very much believe this content claims, based on present situation.
It is nice write, I’m going shaire the idea for the frinds.
Every one will cherish this submit, it’s most useful.
An awesome write-up. Thanks!